Blog Archive

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Tiny little Artists Book - "UNDERCURRENTS"

The Japanese earthquake still makes me think constantly of my wonderful time in Tokyo and all the experiences I had there. I brought back some beautiful papers and bookmaking materials some of which I have used in this little artist's book.

These tiny books are about the size of a matchbox (do we still have these?) and are designed to need more than just passive looking.They have inserts that need taking out and sometimes include little poems and hidden images.

The little envelopes that make the pages of this unique little book (an edition of one) , are used by passengers on the Tokyo electric underground trains to keep their tickets in. The subject matter are images springing from an old  textbook on electricity.








1 comment:

Nicola Moss said...

I love these tiny books Jack, the interactive aspect for viewers is wonderful. How delightful to have a little envelope to put your ticket in, I imagine this would only happen in Japan.