Blog Archive

Sunday, December 3, 2017

back to books

























After a little 3D diversion, I am back on track trying to catch up on my book a month project I set myself at the start of the year. This will be my 10th book (which includes a couple of zines I posted recently). I started this book ages ago after a trip to Japan and discovered it when tidying up, with lots of work to do before being able to say "finished".
We had been in Japan during their autumn to see the changing colours of the leaves. We were not disappointed but the beauty was too much for me to try to use in my books. So "red leaves" is not about the leaves, but the experience of getting to see the leaves. 

The mixed media images use :
acrylic paint, gesso, wax pigment,stamped letters collage from maps, white ink, chinagraph pencil and linseed oil on Kraft paper. The very fine spider web like lines were made with a Japanese Pilot,  Hi-Tec-C 0.25 .


























4 comments:

Nathalie Nayer said...

Love Love Love your work!

Jacobus (Jack) Oudyn said...

Thanks Nat you say the nicest things!Send me an email and I'll send you a zine.

Helen M said...

Another beautiful book. Love that colour scheme you've used before. It works so well on the Kraft paper.

Jacobus (Jack) Oudyn said...

Thanks Helen.Yes the colours are similar. Gradually simplifying my palette and still love the Kraft.