Blog Archive

Sunday, February 4, 2018

A New Year
























The first blog for 2018 and hopefully another creative and fun-filled year. I hope my regular followers stick with me for my ride and share some of their thoughts again as usual. I know I should have chosen a dog for the Chinese but ended up with a pig (an earth pig)for 2019 instead. I'm a year early. The pig is the last of the animals in the Chinese zodiac and then we go back to the beginning again. 
I have been working on some other artist books for various exhibitions but they are still works in progress. I will blog about these as they are completed.
I always like to make a few light-hearted zines to get my imagination back to the right side of the brain (or is it left?). The images for this one came from my mother's old cookery book, a Japanese comic, old newspaper ads, a ration ticket, maps, tickets and stamps amongst other things. You need to make your own connections. As usual, if you are interested I can send you a jpg to print or post you a real copy by mail if you send your details.

8 comments:

Miss Iowa said...

Oh, I'd love to have the link so I can see the entire thing. What I see so far looks VERY promising. :) (I still have your previous zine for inspiration.) Is the ration ticket from WWII? I'll PM my email addy. Thanks!

Jacobus (Jack) Oudyn said...

Thanks, Miss Iowa, I'm assuming it is a ration ticket from somewhere in Europe.

susan bowers said...

Hello Jack. As you know I have a wonderful collection of your work which I love so yes please send me the link or post me one of these zine. Love it. Will follow your progress this year with anticipation.

Jacobus (Jack) Oudyn said...

Lovely to hear from you Susan.I'll pop a few bits to add to your collection in the mail (including this zine.). Are you still at the same address in Montville?

Carole Reid said...

Hi Jack, Yes I'm still here enjoying your wonderful art!
All the best to you in 2018.

Jacobus (Jack) Oudyn said...

Thanks Carole good to see there are still a few "stayers".Send me an email and I'll send you a zine.

susan bowers said...

Hello again Jack. Yes. Still at the same address and hoping before this year is out we manage to catch up. Lovely to be back on line and working again :-)

Jacobus (Jack) Oudyn said...

Your post box will surprise you this week.