Blog Archive

Saturday, March 19, 2011

MARGINS - More Collage


What a coincidence, can't stop thinking about all those incredible Japanese people and their horrific experiences. I spent 6 months in Tokyo a little while ago and can't wait to get back there.

Almost finished another little diary started in 2009 which along with 2 other diaries I visit on a daily basis to keep me sane. I've also been very busy making some very tiny little books of Japanese influence.The little Tokyo subway envelopes for the tickets come in very handy.


Plimsol line




This little work is the first in "Margins" and was started in November 2009 at Moffat Beach, Caloundra before I was due for an operation for prostate cancer. The  unit we stayed in faced Queen of Colonies Street, hence some of the references in the drawing. I have been working on this scale for many years and often the subject matter reflects what's going on in my life. I think it helps me cope and stay on a relatively even keel.

I'll add a few more but leave the rest till later as I'd like to put up a few of the tiny books I've just made.


Pushing the Boundaries

Scratch

Sniff

No comments: