Blog Archive

Thursday, March 26, 2020

"in a flap"
















"in a flap" is not about my condition due to the current state of the "virussed" world. Even the dark brooding cover would be appropriate but that may be the subject of a future book. You may have noticed that a lot of my books last year were interactive and used little windows or flaps to provide surprise and playfulness for the viewer. 
When making a book I usually try out a lot of new areas on single sheets first. These experiments are usually done to find the best paper or media for the book. Consequently, I end up with a lot of interesting bits of paper that I can't bear to throw away. 
So, "in a flap" is a collection of these papers bound into a book, an artist's proof. You will see where some of the ideas used in many of last year's books came from.














No comments: