Blog Archive

Monday, May 11, 2020

"creme - memory is a mirage"

















I just love drawing and often let the marks take me on a trip into different spaces. I usually use little A5 visual diaries throughout the year. I have blogged about some of these 'visual diaries" ages ago eg "yellow line" and "japanese rain" . Lately, in addition to these books of cartridge paper, I have been making my own using different papers and combinations of paper. 
Most of these doodles don't go anywhere but recently I've started using little folded pieces of paper that could end up being bound together. Here's a few pages that became one of these little books , to give you an idea of where I go (sometimes).















Covid 19 has given me even more time to finish unfinished business and revisit older work. My desk gets covered in lots of "beginnings" and unbound notes and  random doodles as well as more "serious" projects and collaborations. Covid 19 has helped me untangle and organise my desk and it actually works better.
This little book "Creme - memory is a mirage" is on rice paper with a handmade paper cover and matt black gesso and inks.



















This one made a  surprise gift for a like-minded artist.

2 comments:

Michelle Vandermeer said...

I so envy those who could make the most of the time in "iso" (i.e. those without children and other reliants!) - a tidied desk is a wonderful start.
This book is delightful Jack! - and those expressive little drawings! I really like your choice of paper, mixed with the black matt gesso (must try and get some gesso at the art store soon).

Jacobus (Jack) Oudyn said...

Thanks Michelle for your comment, which is always valued. Hope the "iso" hasn't been too problematic for you. I'm sure you'll have many projects on the go. I do look forward being able to go to the gallery and meeting others again soon but I'm also a bit of a hermit.